<p>-
- Jimmy Kimmel's return from suspension gets highest ratings in a decade despite affiliate boycotts</p>
<p>Raechal ShewfeltSeptember 25, 2025 at 2:07 AM</p>
<p>0</p>
<p>Disney/Randy Holmes</p>
<p>Jimmy Kimmel on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'</p>
<p>An hour before Jimmy Kimmel returned to the airwaves from a six-day suspension, President Donald Trump wrote on social media, "Let Jimmy Kimmel rot in his bad Ratings."</p>
<p>On Tuesday evening however, the late-night host's ratings were anything but bad: Jimmy Kimmel Live was watched by 6.2 million viewers on broadcast, according to Nielsen ratings shared by Disney on Wednesday. That figure is nearly four times the show's average.</p>
<p>The feat was particularly impressive because the show didn't air at all on ABC affiliates owned by Nexstar Media Group and Sinclair Broadcasting Group, in areas including New Orleans; Seattle; Lubbock, Texas; Sioux City, Iowa; and Hartford, Conn. In all, Kimmel's show was preempted in 23 percent of U.S. households.</p>
<p>Among adults 18 to 49, Tuesday's episode — featuring actor Glen Powell and singer Sarah McLachlan — earned a 0.87 rating, marking Jimmy Kimmel Live's highest viewership for a regularly scheduled episode sine March 12, 2015.</p>
<p>Video of Kimmel's monologue also racked up more than 26 million views on YouTube and social media platforms, according to Disney. The initial data did not include streaming numbers.</p>
<p>Kimmel was taken off the air last week for comments he made in a Sept. 15 monologue about the killing of conservative activist Charlie Kirk. ABC suspended production on Jimmy Kimmel Live after TV station owners Nexstar and Sinclair announced that they would be pre-empting the program in response to his remarks about Kirk.</p>
<p>The events set off a national debate about free speech, and on Monday, Disney announced that Kimmel's show was being reinstated after "thoughtful conversations."</p>
<p>Those who tuned in for Kimmel's big return Tuesday witnessed him joke about his unexpected hiatus. His first words were, "Anyway, as I was saying before I was interrupted…" The audience exploded with applause.</p>
<p>The Emmy winner went on to give an emotional statement about Kirk, with Kimmel saying that he never took his death lightly.</p>
<p>"I don't think there's anything funny about it. I posted a message on Instagram on the day he was killed sending love to his family and asking for compassion and I meant it. I still do," Kimmel said. "Nor was it my intention to blame any specific group for the actions of what was obviously a deeply disturbed individual. That was really the opposite of the point I was trying to make. But I understand that to some that felt either ill-timed or unclear or maybe both. And for those who think I did point a finger, I get why you're upset."</p>
<p>Sign up for Entertainment Weekly's free daily newsletter to get breaking TV news, exclusive first looks, recaps, reviews, interviews with your favorite stars, and more.</p>
<p>Kimmel praised Kirk's widow, Erika Kirk, for forgiving the man who shot her husband, and said that was what he hoped that people took away from the tragedy.</p>
<p>Kimmel also noted that the loss of his show or other late-night programs would mean the loss of hundreds of jobs, all because Trump "can't take a joke." He said that if other shows go, he hopes people "will be 10 times as loud as you were this week."</p>
<p>on Entertainment Weekly</p>
<a href="https://data852.click/5a32cd58501e613bf372/ee0a75caf0/?placementName=default" class="dirlink-1">Original Article on Source</a>
Source: "AOL Entertainment"
Source: AsherMag
Full Article on Source: VOUX MAG
#LALifestyle #USCelebrities
0 Comments