<p>-
- Stanton's 450th homer helps Yankees close gap in AL East and conjures Hall of Fame talk</p>
<p>DAVID GINSBURG September 20, 2025 at 8:00 PM</p>
<p>0</p>
<p>1 / 3Yankees Orioles BaseballNew York Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton hits a three-run home run during the first inning of a baseball game against the Baltimore Orioles, Saturday, Sept. 20, 2025, in Baltimore. (AP Photo/Stephanie Scarbrough)</p>
<p>BALTIMORE (AP) — Giancarlo Stanton hopes his 450th home run won't be the last milestone he celebrates before calling it a career.</p>
<p>"It's a nice round number," the New York Yankees slugger said Saturday night after hitting a three-run drive in a 6-1 win over the Baltimore Orioles. "It's cool to see the names I'm catching and tying and going above."</p>
<p>Stanton hit No. 450 in his 1,719th career game. Only Babe Ruth, Mark McGwire, Alex Rodriguez and Harmon Killebrew were quicker to 450.</p>
<p>If the 35-year-old Stanton continues his slugging ways, then perhaps he will reach 500 and be recognized with a plaque in Cooperstown.</p>
<p>"He's still going in what's a Hall of Fame career," Yankees manager Aaron Boone said. "It's a big number, 450, and it came with a three-run shot in the first. I feel like he's got a lot left, a lot more to go."</p>
<p>That longball off Tomoyuki Sugano sent the Yankees on their way to an important victory. The leaders in the AL wild-card race now stand just two games behind the AL East-leading Toronto Blue Jays with seven games left in the regular season.</p>
<p>"Most important, it helped us win," Stanton said of his opposite-field drive to right.</p>
<p>Stanton didn't start the season until July 2 because of elbow injuries. Since his return, he's hit 21 homers.</p>
<p>Asked to describe Stanton as a hitter, Boone replied, "The man is dangerous. A unicorn. It's so unique how he does it, so unique how routinely hard he hits the baseball. Just a really cool day for him and us as his teammates."</p>
<p>Rest assured, there will be a lot more celebrating if Stanton reaches the next milestone.</p>
<p>"I'm a lot of swings away from 500," he said. "Of course you think about it, and you understand that if you bear down that I'm capable of doing it."</p>
<p>And the Hall of Fame? After being told of Boone's assessment, Stanton said: "It's cool to hear. I'm still rolling. That's for you guys to debate about. I just come in every day and do what I can."</p>
<p>___</p>
<p>AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB</p>
<a href="https://data852.click/5a32cd58501e613bf372/ee0a75caf0/?placementName=default" class="dirlink-1">Original Article on Source</a>
Source: "AOL Sports"
Source: AsherMag
Full Article on Source: VOUX MAG
#LALifestyle #USCelebrities
0 Comments