<p>-
- Debbie Harry reveals her dream actress for a Blondie biopic</p>
<p>Wesley StenzelOctober 19, 2025 at 12:26 AM</p>
<p>0</p>
<p>Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty</p>
<p>Debbie Harry in May 2025</p>
<p>Debbie Harry is waiting for the biopic treatment — and now the iconic Blondie frontwoman is revealing her dream casting.</p>
<p>The "Heart of Glass" singer offered her two cents on who should play her in a film inspired by her life in a new interview.</p>
<p>"If it were somebody like Florence Pugh, I would be in heaven," Harry told U.K. outlet The Times. "I just think she's a great actor and she could do anything."</p>
<p>Fin Costello/Redferns</p>
<p>Blondie</p>
<p>Pugh actually expressed her interest in playing Harry at a panel at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival in 2020. When asked what famous figures she might want to portray on screen in the future, the Oscar-nominated actress responded, "Blondie, just because she's so cool."</p>
<p>She also threw another classic English singer into the mix at the time. "I grew up pretending I was Dusty Springfield 'cause she had a really low voice, and I was like, 'Hey, I have a low voice too,'" she said. "Those two."</p>
<p>Representatives for Pugh did not immediately respond to Entertainment Weekly's request for comment.</p>
<p>On paper, Pugh would be a natural fit to play Harry. The star is currently 29 years old, and Harry was 31 when Blondie released their self-titled debut album in 1976. Pugh is 5 foot 4, just an inch taller than Harry, and also usually sports a blonde 'do similar to the unmistakable shade the "One Way or Another" vocalist has rocked for years. And that's not to mention the shared low pitch of their voices.</p>
<p>Maya Dehlin Spach/GA/The Hollywood Reporter via Getty</p>
<p>Florence Pugh in April 2025</p>
<p>Pugh has also shown off her musical talents before. The actress played an aspiring musician in Zach Braff's 2023 drama, A Good Person, not only singing but also writing two original songs that her character performed in the movie titled "I Hate Myself" and "The Best Part."</p>
<p>Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with our EW Dispatch newsletter.</p>
<p>Harry previously gave her blessing to another actress who was reportedly set to play her in a different Blondie biopic that entered pre-production in the late 2000s but never materialized: Kirsten Dunst.</p>
<p>"She's just a sweetie," Harry told Spinner in 2007 (via NME). "She's probably capable of a lot of things she hasn't been asked to do yet, and doing something that's sort of left of center would be great for her."</p>
<p>on Entertainment Weekly</p>
<a href="https://data852.click/5a32cd58501e613bf372/ee0a75caf0/?placementName=default" class="dirlink-1">Original Article on Source</a>
Source: "AOL Entertainment"
Source: AsherMag
Full Article on Source: VOUX MAG
#LALifestyle #USCelebrities
0 Comments