Diane Lane Reacts to Jennifer Lopez Saying She Turned Down Her “Unfaithful” Role: 'It Was My Turn'

Diane Lane Reacts to Jennifer Lopez Saying She Turned Down Her

<p>-

  • Diane Lane Reacts to Jennifer Lopez Saying She Turned Down Her "Unfaithful" Role: 'It Was My Turn'</p>

<p>Tommy McArdleOctober 22, 2025 at 2:06 AM</p>

<p>0</p>

<p>Charles Sykes/Bravo via Getty; Barry Wetcher/New Regency/Kobal/Shutterstock</p>

<p>Jennifer Lopez; Diane Lane in 2002's Unfaithful -</p>

<p>Diane Lane responded to Jennifer Lopez's recent quotes about regretting that she did not take the lead role in the 2002 movie Unfaithful</p>

<p>"It was somebody's moment and it was my turn," Lane said of the movie, which saw her earn her first Academy Award nomination</p>

<p>Lopez told Stern on Oct. 15 that not taking the part "haunts me"</p>

<p>Diane Lane is glad she got an opportunity to star in the 2002 movie Unfaithful after Jennifer Lopez turned the part down.</p>

<p>In a Monday, Oct. 20 interview with Entertainment Tonight, Lane, 60, responded to Lopez's recent comments, made during her interview with Howard Stern on his SiriusXM show, that her decision not to star in the erotic thriller "haunts me." Lane ultimately received an Academy Award nomination for her performance.</p>

<p>"Oh, I see. I didn't hear that interview," Lane told the outlet, when asked for her thoughts on Lopez's career regret. "No, no, I didn't," she added, regarding whether she and Lopez, 56, have ever spoken about the movie. "But I'm glad to hear it. I mean, how great. It was somebody's moment and it was my turn."</p>

<p>The movie saw her portray a woman named Connie who risks her marriage to Edward (Richard Gere) to embark on an affair with a stranger named Paul (Olivier Martinez), whom she meets on the street in New York City. Lane was Oscar- nominated for the movie, but Nicole Kidman won that year for her performance in The Hours; Salma Hayek, Julianne Moore and Renée Zellweger were also nominated.</p>

<p>Moviestore/Shutterstock</p>

<p>Olivier Martinez and Diane Lane in 2002's Unfaithful</p>

<p>Unfaithful was directed by Adrian Lyne, who has only made one movie since: 2022's Deep Water, which starred Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas. "I just saw Adrian Lyne and and it's like a Barry White song," Lane told the outlet of her decision to star in the movie. "You know how it's gonna go, and I was like 'I can sign up for that.' "</p>

<p>Lopez, who covered a wide range of topics in her interview with Stern, 71, said in the Oct. 15 sit-down that she simply thought the movie's script "wasn't good at the time." — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.</p>

<p>Moviestore/Shutterstock</p>

<p>Diane Lane and Richard Gere in 2002's Unfaithful</p>

<p>As for Lane's own major career regrets, she described the topic as something "you'd need to ask me the night before so I can think about it."</p>

<p>"I think that there's plenty of that going around, and if you've been around as long as I have at this point. . . that's what friends are for," she told Entertainment Tonight. "We sit around and we laugh about the exchangeability of our experiences because things become ubiquitous. We've all had enough experience that we go with the flow and you roll with the punches."</p>

<p>Lane's next movie Anniversary is in theaters Oct. 29.</p>

<p>on People</p>

<a href="https://data852.click/5a32cd58501e613bf372/ee0a75caf0/?placementName=default" class="dirlink-1">Original Article on Source</a>

Source: "AOL Entertainment"

Читать на сайте


Source: AsherMag

Full Article on Source: VOUX MAG

#LALifestyle #USCelebrities

Post a Comment

0 Comments